Thursday, April 23, 2009

My First Internet Marketing Seminar

Since I've been making money with the ecurrency arbitrage system, I'm pretty much addicted to the whole concept of making money at home versus going back to work. I really can't see going back to a 9 to 5 job anytime soon.

So last week I get a promotional email telling me about an internet marketing seminar being put on by a big name internet marketing 'guru'. Now I won't say who it is because I'm not interested in bashing anyone online but I will bash this whole 'seminar' concept.

And keep in mind that this was my first 'seminar' so maybe they're different depending upon who's hosting it.

But I need to tell ya ... I felt like I was sitting through an 8-hour infomercial.

These guys would get on stage and then spend 90-minutes each telling you about their 'rags to riches' history, talk about the success of their 'other' students, and then how much they're going to teach you ... AFTER you sign up for their course.

Huh ...wait a second ... I thought the seminar was supposed to do that!

What's the point of going to a 'training seminar' if all they're going to do is make you pay for another training course? And how do I know that I'll actually get trained in that course ...or will that also be nothing more than a 'taste' of what I'll learn if I sign up for the advanced course?

Now to be fair, there was one speaker there that actually did teach us some cool stuff. even though he was not the headliner 'guru', it was obvious that this guy really knew his stuff. Don Crowther works off of the theory that if he does what his comptetors will not do .. he wins.

Based upon Don's presentation, and comparing it to the other gurus (his competition), it was obvious that he truly lives what he preaches. If it had not been for Don's presentation, the entire day would have been a complete waste.

I've learned more about actually making money online from Level 1 and Level 2 of the Paul Jenkins ecurrency arbitrage course than I learned from all these 'infomercial gurus' ...live and learn I guess.

Will I ever do another seminar? I'm not sure, but I know I'll be very careful when I choose next time.

Ciao

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    I've been following your progress since you first posted. It's been interesting watching your progress over the past 2 months. Please keep up with the updates. I have bookmarked your blog and check for stuff frequently. To your success.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. so how much did you make

    ReplyDelete