Monday, May 4, 2009

Is Mom Crazy?

First she laughed ... then she cried ...then she was down right p**ssed off. Thought I was wasting my college education and just sitting around like a bum because I was just too lazy to look for a job.

So who would have ever guess that now she's doing eCurrency Arbitrage right along with me?

I have to admit that I never would have believed that my mother would ever get online and start her own business. But when she saw what I was doing, at first it just seemed too simple, and she wrote off the possibility that it actually worked.

But I explained that "simple" was the entire point.

Why look for something hard and complicated when simple and straight forward is so much smarter. I guess she's still part of the "old generation" that was brought up under the "old school" way of thinking that the only way to get ahead was to "work hard and sacrifice".

I tried that .. and look where it got me. I stayed at work when my friends were going out partying. I worked weekends to impress my boss & his boss too, but in the end, we all met the same fate.

Now I'm not saying that I'll never work hard again. I don't mind hard work, I just don't think that working hard alone will ever allow me to reach my goals.

And what's the point of working hard and earning a lot of money if all you're going to do is watch life pass you by?

Anyhow ...back to Mom.

I knew something was up when Mom started asking me a lot of "little detail" questions about eCurrency Arbitrage. When she started watching the eCurrency Arbitrage videos it sure looked like she was getting hooked. And when Mom told me, "this looks easy, I bet I could do this too", I knew I just created a convert to the online business world.

Mom is definitely not the most computer literate person out there. She's still using AOL for email and every time she tells me about a website, she still spells out "w" - "w" - "w" as though I don't know to put that in a web address yet. Kind of how she still tells me that a "1" is needed in front of "800" before I dial the toll free number.

It'll be interesting to see if she can make a few bucks online. I've restricted her to the free techniques but I can tell she wants to move up right away and put it on auto-pilot. Maybe later Mom, but first let's see if you can get past the point where you keep asking me "where did I save that ______ file"?

Ciao ...wish Mom luck!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. You're motivating me to get started Amy. I'm proud of your success.

    ReplyDelete