Sunday, August 23, 2009

I Am Now A "Warrior"

One really neat side affect of writing this blog has been how much I've learned about running a website.

Now I realize that this little blog isn't nearly as tough as running a full blown website, with all the html coding etc., but there's still a lot to be learned.

For example, I turned on the WebMaster Tools (ominous music plays in the background as the MASTER enters the room ...LOL) which shows me how many people come to my blog and most interestingly what they typed into Google to find my blog.

One of the sources of regular visitors to my blog was from a popular internet marketing forum called the Warrior Forum. So after checking it out, I decided to join their forum to see what I could learn.

Now here's the scary part, even though I just started out a few months back, I'm already considered a "veteran" by the forum standards.

There are so many people out there looking for a side business, or full time business, and it's incredible how many are just floundering around and bouncing from one fad to the next. And from what I can tell, very few ever make a penny.

On one hand I feel pretty fortunate to actually have achieved some success but on the other hand I now wonder why all these other folks are struggling so much ... because it makes me wonder if I was just lucky.

Of course, I did spend a couple of hours on the forum already so maybe it's more of a curse than an advantage to know about the Warrior Forum ...maybe that's why so many of them are struggling because they just can't get their head straight and get started on one internet business opportunity.

Just my rambling thoughts for the day...

Ciao

Amy

PS. Of course, now that I'm a web MASTER and a WARRIOR, I've suddenly got this urge to take huge bites of grease dripping, fatty meat, wipe my mouth with the back of my hand and quaff down a stein of rot gut liquor.

2 comments:

  1. I signed up for the Warrior Forum a few months back and havent been on it. Sounds like I need to get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to look around at all things. Just keep in mind that the Warrior Forum has an agenda so be careful with what you read there as it is definitely slanted.

    ReplyDelete